Discover Rio de Janeiro on Foot
The Historic Downtown of Rio de Janeiro is an amazing part of the City to discover the city n foot with more historic buildings and places where happended the main politicals facts of the brazilian history.
Around the neighborhood we have amazing churches, palaces and squares. But the downtown is not a easy area to visit alone. You need to make a right itinerary that just a tour guide in Rio can helps.
Below i listed 3 historic builds of Rio de Janeiro to visit during your walking tour.
1.The São Francisco da Penitencia Church
The pure example of the brazilia barroc the church is simple amazing!!!! You can visit the church from Tuesday to Friday. The ticket cost R$2,00
2. The Saint Benedict Monastery
Built by the Benedictins is other amazing church of the City. Inside the St. Benedict Convent is one of the birth places of the city. The church now is under restauration but you can enjoy the mess on Sundays at 11 pm and visit on the weekends.
3. The Imperial Palace
The name of this palace says everything. Visit the former house of the Royal Family of Brazil and enjoy the colonial architecture, the expositions and a nice cafe to refill your energy.
Important tips: We recommend to visit the Downtown just during the week. 0n the weekend the area is empty and not very safe to visit.
Rio Cultural Secrets offers the Rio de Janeiro on Foot Tour from Tuesday to Friday.
- 5 Destination Worthy Rio de Janeiro Guest Houses Everyone Will Love
- Where to Stay in Paraty
- Things to do in Santa Teresa
- How to stay safe in Rio de Janeiro
- 10 luxury restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
- Northeast Traditions Center Rio de Janeiro
- The Copacabana boardwalk
- 5 museuns to visit in Rio de Janeiro
- Discover Prainha in Rio de Janeiro
- Your Private Tour in Rio de Janeiro